IMPACT Melanoma Skinny on Skin Certification Classes
Saturday, February 8, 12:30–2:00 PM
Sunday, February 9, 1:00–2:30 PM
NEW This Year! IMPACT Melanoma on the Skin Inc. LIVE Stage
Monday, February 10, 12:15–12:45 PM
Face & Body is happy to announce that we are partnering with IMPACT Melanoma to offer an on-site cancer education certification class that will allow attendees to become more knowledgable in identifying signs of skin cancer.
The class will be offered on Saturday, Feb. 8 and Sunday, Feb. 9. Also, join them on the Skin Inc. LIVE Stage Monday, Feb 10 for their pannel discussion.
Admission to class is $20.00 and can be purchased with your Face & Body registration.
This class will allow attendees to:
- Learn how to screen for suspicious moles while performing common skin care and salon services
- Gain tips for how to talk to clients about your findings
- Become certified after attending the 90-minute session
Why you should get certified:
- Spa and salon professionals are uniquely positioned to identify skin cancer
- Clients visit their beauty professionals on average every 6 weeks, far more than their doctors.
- Estheticians, stylists and massage therapists are familiar with clients' skin, and work on hard-to-see areas like the neck and scalp where melanoma often goes unnoticed.
Donate to the Cause:
- Stop by the IMPACT Melanoma booth on the exhibit floor to check out the silent auction! There are a wide variety of gift baskets donated from Face & Body exhibitors and sponsors with a value up to $400. This is another great way to make a donation contribution to IMPACT Melanoma for the fight against skin cancer. During a silent auction, you bid on items with a figure you are willing to pay to obtain the item. This allows you to get products from vendors substantially under their retail value, plus make a donation to a good cause. Please note this is not a “guessing” game and you are not estimating the value, but rather offering a financial commitment you are willing to pay. Past Auctions have included donated items from BioFrance, DMK, Lira, Circadia, IMAGE, Rhonda Allison, Eminence and other exhibitors, be sure to check it out! Keep an eye out for the pre-show and show program with more information!
- Together we can reduce the rate of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer. Donate today to support the education, prevention and support programs that IMPACT Melanoma offers. Face & Body is a proud partner with IMPACT Melanoma to offer an on-site cancer education certification class that will allow attendees to become more knowledgeable in identifying signs of skin cancer. You can select from any of the donation optional options during the registration process after you add your Skinny on Skin certification session.