IMPACT Melanoma Skinny on Skin Certification Classes
New this Year!
Sunday, October 8, 12:30–2:00 PM and
Monday, October 9, 1:00–2:30 PM
Face & Body is happy to announce that we are partnering with IMPACT Melanoma to offer an on-site cancer education certification class that will allow attendees to become more knowledgable in identifying signs of skin cancer.
The class will be offered on Sunday, October 8 and Monday, October 9.
Admission to class is $20.00 and can be purchased with your Face & Body registration.
This class will allow attendees to:
- Learn how to screen for suspicious moles while performing common skin care and salon services
- Gain tips for how to talk to clients about your findings
- Become certified after attending the 90-minute session
Why you should get certified:
- Spa and salon professionals are uniquely positioned to identify skin cancer
- Clients visit their beauty professionals on average every 6 weeks, far more than their doctors.
- Estheticians, stylists and massage therapists are familiar with clients' skin, and work on hard-to-see areas like the neck and scalp where melanoma often goes unnoticed.